Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Explaining My Problem, What Do I Have?

Speech Problem.


Most times when I speak, it is  such a struggle, and when I do mess up, it sounds like I'm on drugs or something. My parents don't notice because they are probably to used to it to notice or block it out so they don't notice. When I'm in public and it happens, people DO notice and stare and give me bad looks. Explaining things is where I have the most trouble and it's so hard to explain. It's like my mind is bogged down most of the time and words are scrambled in my head, kinda like. When my mind is bogged, I can barely say anything, I can't think, it's like it's in a jam. When I speak, it is not what I want to say. When I think of what I what to say and say it, I say things that aren't intelligent as I pictured it in my head. I only get out 1/10th of the info out if I'm lucky.


A lot of time, I speak and try and say sentences, I speak like I have a poor vocabulary and I'm someone who doesn't know English but only words and pretending to speak proper English aka gibberish. When I try to explain, things, people don't understand exactly what I'm trying to say to them. I don't give them the full effect of my speech when I do, so only half of what I said or less was useful. It is extremely frustrating.


I make comments like "genuine curry down the toilet" or "presents make for colorful trees". These are some good examples. Pretty much most of the sentence hardly has anything to do with what I'm actually trying to say. These happen pretty much on a daily basis and happen a few times a day.


The problem started when I was in high school (around 2006) and I noticed that it has slowly gotten worse over the years.


Memory problem:

I am not sure when my memory problem has started or even if I had for many years. I have a very good longtime memory but usually my short term memory is very bad, so much that if I take a cartoon of milk out of the fridge and turn around to get something, I forget about it.


Eye Sight:

I've noticed that my eyesight has gotten bad around the same times as my speech problem. I remember every now and then look at the digital clock on the stove and comparing over the years how my eye sight have gotten. I now require glasses to drive, when I was younger I had perfect vision. When I look at the TV, it seems more blurry then before. Every now and then, I look at something and compare my eyesight to how it was before and try to take note of how my eyesight gets worse in so much of time. Sometimes when I read, I see words that aren't there, I have to re read the sentence to read it right.


Itchiness:

For a few years, I have been more itchy then before. I don't know if this is related to my problem, but I seem to be itchy more then before. Usually I'm only itchy on one spot at a time, other times I itchy in different spots at the time.


Weakness:

Every now and then, I feel really weak and tired and I feel like someone who has aged, a lot. Mostly it is the weakness, I sit down and I just feel like I'm drained of my energy. This only happens every few weeks or so. Doesn't happen too often. This weakness has been happening for a few years and last approx 40 minutes usually. I'm not sure if this is related to the problem.


That's all I can say for now.


At first I thought it was MS (Multiple Sclerosis) now, I believe it could be from eating microwaved foods. When I was in high school, I started to eat a lot of food heated in the microwave, like at least once a day. Probably around when I started the have these problems. I know it's a problem with how my brain process things. I need to know what this is and how to fix it.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to all of these problems, so it might be autism. For me, speech and vision only get compromised on my "bad" days. I do get exhausted a lot faster than other people. If I have to be around people a lot in one day, I then need to recuperate in complete silence and alone for at least 24 hours.

    And I also have the itchiness thing. I never discussed t with any one so it never occurred to me that it might be a symptom.

    ReplyDelete

 
© The Life of An Aspie (2010)